The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation raises money in support of the pursuit of excellence in children’s health care.
Primary Goals & Objectives
- Inform the public about the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and its mandate to raise money and awareness in support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
- Over seven years, increase donations from $945,000 per year to $10 million per year.
- People were familiar with the Stollery Children’s Hospital, but mostly unaware of the Foundation.
- There was a widespread misconception that the Stollery Children’s Hospital received all of its necessary funding from the government and didn’t need donations.
- The budget to implement an advertising campaign was limited.
- Create a long-term strategic marketing plan to put the Foundation on the map as a charity of choice for donors.
- Update the Foundation’s visual identity and key messages, and develop a strong advertising campaign to raise awareness of the Foundation among target audiences.
- Secure corporate sponsors to fund the campaign and media partners to donate space and air time for ads.
The campaign, which was the Foundation’s first large-scale awareness and fundraising campaign, was a huge success. We not only met but exceeded the Foundation’s primary goals and objectives.
- Community contributions grew by 44% in the first year of the campaign.
- The goal of reaching $10 million in annual donations within seven years was surpassed. In the seventh year, the Foundation raised $15.5 million.
- Since the campaign launch in 2004, independent donations increased by 122% and unsolicited donations grew by 88%.
- The Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation became the leading not-for-profit brand in its market.