Kinnikinnick Foods is an Edmonton-based company that provides gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut and tree nut-free bakery products to its customers throughout North America and beyond.
Primary Goals & Objectives
- Continue building the company In North America and expand internationally.
- Become the “Kleenex” of gluten-free.
- There was a lack of retailer education about gluten-free products.
- Bigger and more established food companies were recognizing the potential profit in this market.
To reinforce awareness about the brand and what gluten-free products were, we devised a marketing plan that helped us:
- Educate target markets on the features and benefits of Kinnikinnick’s products.
- Update the corporate identity and present it through effective and targeted advertising, including product packaging for their entire line.
Kinnikinnick saw huge results, including:
- Products are currently available in popular grocery stores including Safeway and Sobeys in Canada, and Whole Foods and Kroeger in the US, as well as in international markets in Eastern Asia and the Caribbean.
- Brand awareness is also steadily increasing in other markets such as Europe, Australia and Mexico.
- First for Women Magazine profiled their product, Rachel Ray Magazine voted their gluten-free waffle mix as #1 Pancake & Waffle Mix, and The Globe & Mail named them one of the top 10 food companies in Canada.