The Alberta Diabetes Foundation is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers, scientists and professionals who raise money to fund world-leading research aimed at finding a cure for diabetes.
Primary Goal & Objective
- Create an identifi able brand with consistent messaging that is powerful, hopeful and relatable.
- Raise awareness of the Alberta Diabetes Foundation’s purpose and the need for donations.
- Increase donations and sponsorships.
- Improve fundraising events.
- Many people believe that diabetes is not a serious disease and that diabetes management is the same as a cure.
- There were two other non-profit organizations actively fundraising for diabetes, and both had greater public awareness.
- Create a new brand.
- Develop updated messaging that is clear and informative, to raise public awareness and inform people that donations to the Foundation stay in Alberta for diabetes research.
- Develop corporate and media sponsorship strategies, and create opportunities to engage long-term partners.
- Evaluate current fund development events and make recommendations for improvement.
The rebrand was a success and helped the Foundation raise awareness and funds.
- Internal audiences loved the new look and were able to use the updated materials for donation and sponsorship initiatives.
- Following the rebrand and fundraising recommendations from g[squared], the Foundation’s signature gala in 2014 raised $340,000—more than doubling the $146,911 raised at the 2011 gala, before the rebrand.
- g[squared] secured print, TV and outdoor media partners for the Foundation, enabling it to successfully launch its first-ever advertising campaign.