Are you an experienced Communications Strategist that has a proven talent for leading the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications strategies? Do you enjoy turning ideas into content that’s fresh, engaging, on-brand and always grammatically correct? We’d love to hear from you.
At g[squared], you’ll have the opportunity to work on nonprofit and for-profit clients and campaigns, alongside a team of seasoned professionals. Bringing together your organizational and interpersonal skills, you’ll help our clients’ organizations grow and reach their audiences in a number of ways.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and non-profit clients, with a strong focus on stakeholder communications/engagement
- Writing detailed strategic plans with input from relevant department heads
- Providing editorial oversight of content including key messages, news releases, brochures, case studies, editorials, articles, speeches, web content and other marketing collateral
- Participating in strategy sessions as required to understand our clients’ activities and priorities, provide communications guidance and gather input for the development of plans and messages
- Working closely with communications team members, creative directors and other departments to generate workable concepts and ideas
- Taking direction from account managers to complete projects as per our clients’ specifications
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Proofreading and providing copyediting feedback to writers and other departments as needed
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines
- Leading/overseeing media relations and crisis communications activities
- You’re a strategic thinker with experience developing and implementing results-driven communications strategies.
- You’re a talented writer who is adept at creating clear, impactful messages that will resonate with your target audience.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You have strong proofreading abilities and a superb understanding of the rules of grammar.
- You understand the importance of following Canadian Press (CP Style) writing standards to create content that is accurate and consistent.
- You have experience writing for both online and traditional platforms. Previous experience successfully managing social media accounts is an asset.
- You’re timely and dependable, and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight timelines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive and are just as comfortable working on your own as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach — you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who adapts your writing style and tone of voice to reach a range of audiences.
- You have experience with WordPress, Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
- You have a degree in communications or a related diploma, plus a minimum of three to five years’ experience in an agency setting or communications role.
If you think you might be “the one”, please send your resume and cover letter, along with two to three samples of your work (ideally including one piece of published work and one strategy document) to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you.