At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable impact.
Why work with us?
Life experience has shown us that people matter more than anything else. Many of our clients have been with us since the beginning, receiving more than 24 years of service, stability and success. Our team is made up of the most accomplished, bright and caring folks in the business, with some contributing to g[squared] for a decade or more. As authentic leaders, only a culture of respect, community and
collaboration will do for our amazing clients and staff.
The role: Graphic Designer
We’re currently looking for a Graphic Designer to add to our busy Design team. If you have a passion for turning ideas into compelling visuals that are fresh, engaging, on-brand and always strategic, we’d love to hear from you.
At g[squared], you’ll have the opportunity to work on nonprofit and for-profit clients and campaigns, alongside a team of seasoned professionals. Bringing together your design and production skills, you’ll help our clients’ organizations grow and reach their audiences in a variety of ways.
Duties & responsibilities:
As a key member of our Design department, this full-time role involves the following:
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing and creative strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and nonprofit clients.
- Designing a variety of marketing and branding materials (e.g., visual brand components, digital ads, newsletters, brochures, social media posts, websites, etc.) with input from relevant team members.
- Participating in ideation sessions as required, to understand our clients’ activities and priorities.
- Working closely with other Design, Communications and Digital team members to generate workable concepts and ideas.
- Taking direction from Account Managers and the Creative Director to complete projects to our clients’ specifications.
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proofing and providing design feedback to fellow designers and other team members as needed.
- Tailoring design to suit a variety of clients from a range of different industries.
- Taking projects from concept to final production-ready assets (print and digital)
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines.
- You’re a talented designer and are adept at creating clear, impactful visuals that resonate with target audiences.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You take pride in your craft, hold yourself to high standards and are fluent in all things Adobe—InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD (experience in After Effects would be beneficial).
- You have experience designing for both digital and traditional platforms.
- You’re timely, dependable and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight timelines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive, and are just as comfortable working on your own as you are as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach — you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who can adapt your design style and visual tone to reach a range of audiences.
- You have a degree in Design or related diploma, plus a minimum of 1-3 years experience in an agency or design studio.
If you think you might be “the one,” please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format, along with a portfolio of your best work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.