At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable impact.
Why work for us?
Life experience has shown us that people matter more than anything else. Many of our clients have been with us since the beginning, receiving more than 25 years of service, stability and success. Our team is made up of the most accomplished, bright and caring folks in the business, with some contributing to g[squared] for a decade or more. As authentic leaders, only a culture of respect, community and collaboration will do for our amazing clients and staff.
The role: Business Development
Are you a strategic, charismatic and practiced business development pro? Do you love solving problems and meeting awesome people? If so, we’d love to chat with you.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the CEO and Partner to drive solutions for nonprofits and for-profits across Alberta and Canada. A true go-getter, you’ll help our agency realize a new level of potential.
- Employ a relational, people-first approach to all business development and sales activities
- Develop and maintain strong, caring and transparent client relationships
- Use a high-touch sales process and tailor nurturing tactics to the prospect
- Reach or exceed quarterly sales targets as set by CEO/Partner
- Build on and refine our agency’s sales strategies, procedures and processes
- Continuously develop sales pipeline by researching potential clients and identifying their strategy, communications and/or marketing needs
- Reconnect with past clients to solve their problems, deepen relationships and generate new projects
- Act as the liaison for direct referrals and prospects, understanding their needs and identifying agency services
- Arrange, schedule and lead new business meetings with potential and existing clients (currently via Zoom, will be in-person post-pandemic)
- Present sales packages and clearly articulate our agency’s service offerings to prospects
- Determine prospects needs, strategize what services/scope/sequence of work should be proposed and review with CEO and/or Partner
- Develop in-depth proposals and detailed quotes with direction and approval from the CEO and Partner
- Follow up with prospects and answer any questions they have
- Arrange personalized ‘thank you’ cards, holiday gifts and more as required
- Attend networking events and gain industry memberships as required
- Understand and monitor the market and landscape
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Candidates must have 5 or more years of experience in a related role (agency experience is an asset)
- Demonstratable success in business development yielding measurable results
- Energetic people person who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal and interpersonal
- Team player, critical thinker, multitasker and problem solver
- Ability to manage numerous priorities
- Enthusiastic lifelong learner
If you’re interested in working in a fast-paced marketing and communications agency with great people and a crazy-awesome culture, please send your resume to email@example.com