At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable impact.
Why work us?
Life experience has shown us that people matter more than anything else. Many of our clients have been with us since the beginning, receiving more than 24 years of service, stability and success. Our team is made up of the most accomplished, bright and caring folks in the business, with some contributing to g[squared] for a decade or more. As authentic leaders, only a culture of respect, community and collaboration will do for our amazing clients and staff.
The role: Part-time Bookkeeper
Are you a passionate, analytical and experienced Bookkeeper? Do you love numbers and organization? If so, we want to chat with you. We’re recruiting a part-time Bookkeeper to join our growing agency.
At g[squared], you’ll have the opportunity to work independently and manage your workload with this flexible position.
Duties & responsibilities
- Work 16-20 hours per week, flexible schedule with some in-office hours and some remote work permitted if desired
- Manage all accounts payable and receivable
- Record bank deposits
- Manage past-due collections
- Coordinate GST payments
- Coordinate semi-monthly payroll for staff via web-based provider
- Keep track of confidentiality agreements and implement raises as directed by the CEO
- Keep track of holiday time and pay, employee sick days and time in lieu
- Manage benefit financials and employee deductions
- Organize and distribute T4’s
- Organize year-end figures and present year-end package to external auditors
- Coordinate financials as directed by the CEO
Requirements & qualifications
- Candidates must have 2 or more years of experience in a related role
- Demonstratable success in professional bookkeeping
- Analytical, financially savvy and organized
- Adept in bookkeeping software: Simply Accounting and Ceridian Payroll
- Critical thinker, multitasker and problem solver
- Ability to manage numerous priorities
- Enthusiastic team player
If you think you’re “the one”, please send your resume and cover letter in one PDF file to Brandy Horek at firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your interest however only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.