At g[squared], we passionately align ourselves with people who do good in the world, from socially responsible brands to nonprofits. Since 1996, g[squared] has partnered with hundreds of clients, becoming one of Alberta’s most accomplished business strategy, communications and marketing firms. Whether we’re working with nonprofits or businesses, we make a meaningful and measurable impact.
Why work with us?
Life experience has shown us that people matter more than anything else. Many of our clients have been with us since the beginning, receiving more than 24 years of service, stability and success. Our team is made up of the most accomplished, bright and caring folks in the business, with some contributing to g[squared] for a decade or more. As authentic leaders, only a culture of respect, community and collaboration will do for our amazing clients and staff.
- Working with senior web developer and design team to develop attractive, user-friendly websites that meet the design and functionality specifications of our clients
- Developing for WordPress, including custom themes and plugins
- Converting comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Implementing new features and functionality
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Optimizing websites for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Maintaining current client websites and updating content and functionality as required
- Conducting website performance tests and troubleshooting issues
- Optimizing websites based on performance metrics reports
- Making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer
- Experience working with debugging tools
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience developing responsive design websites
- A solid working knowledge of server-side programming
- Experience with server and database administration
- A strong base knowledge of UI/UX design
- An eagerness to learn new web technologies and design/development trends
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
If you think you’re “the one”, please send your resume and cover letter to Tanya Berner. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Open to Canadian residents only.