Established in 1996, g[squared] is a full-service marketing and communications agency based in Edmonton that provides strategic, creative solutions to connect our clients with their target audiences.
We’re currently looking for an experienced Communications Specialist to add to our busy Communications Team. If you have a proven talent for turning ideas into content that’s fresh, engaging, on-brand and always grammatically correct, we’d love to hear from you.
As a key member of the Communications Team, the role of Communications Specialist involves the following:
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and non-profit clients
- Writing detailed strategic plans (e.g. stakeholder communications, digital marketing, community engagement) with input from relevant department heads
- Writing and editing original, persuasive and succinct copy for a wide variety of marketing and communications assets, including websites, digital advertising, blogs, brochures, case studies, direct mail campaigns and more
- Working closely with other Communications, Design and Digital team members to generate workable concepts and ideas
- Taking direction from Account Managers to complete projects to our clients’ specifications
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Proofreading and providing copy editing feedback to fellow writers and other departments as needed
- Tailoring copy to suit a variety of clients from a range of different industries
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines
- You’re a strategic thinker with experience in the development and implementation of results-driven communications strategies.
- You’re a talented writer and are adept at creating clear, impactful messages that will resonate with your target audience.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You have strong proofreading abilities and a superb understanding of the rules of grammar.
- You understand the importance of following Canadian Press (CP Style) writing standards to create content that is accurate and consistent.
- You have experience writing for both online and traditional platforms. Previous experience successfully managing social media accounts is an asset.
- You’re timely and dependable, and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight timelines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive and are just as comfortable working on your own as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach — you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who is able to adapt your writing style and tone of voice to reach a range of audiences.
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook Ads and Google Ads strongly preferred.
- You have a degree in Journalism, Communications/PR or related diploma, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in an agency setting or other communications role.
If you think you might be “The One”, please send your resume and cover letter, along with 2-3 samples of your work (ideally one piece of published work and one strategy document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.