Karen is an energetic, accomplished Human Resource veteran and go-getter with business acumen that spans nearly two decades and reaches across the globe. At g[squared], Karen is a triple-threat. She uses her dynamic experience in the private, public and non-profit sectors to help our clients maximize the potential of their greatest assets: their employees.
Karen has worked across all industries, including Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, Utilities and Telecommunication to provide strategic HR guidance. But it doesn’t end there. Karen also has extensive experience working with the Government of Alberta and the City of Edmonton. With expertise that includes all aspects of HR and extends into executive organizational direction, Karen uses her rich background and proactive spirit to lead innovative, client-based solutions. She truly does it all.
When she is not working on operational plans or leading national and global HR strategies, you can find Karen volunteering on the Boards for the JMMF Foundation and the Paralympic Sports Association. You can also find her pursuing her passion: coaching and mentoring the next generation of human resource leaders through the CPHR Mentorship Program.
Education & accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts degree, University of Alberta
- Marketing diploma, NAIT
- Human Resources diploma, NAIT
- You can find her in the gym, running or playing a sport…any sport
- Karen fills her summers with golf, mountain biking, road biking, triathlons and hiking
- In the winter, you can find her racing down hills, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing
- Karen is currently pursuing her Information, Access and Protection of Privacy certificate from the University of Alberta, her Conflict Resolution certificate from NAIT and her Professional Investigators licence from the Government of Alberta