Emma brings a robust skill set of social media strategy, community management, public relations and content marketing to g[squared]. In her previous tenure at a local nonprofit, Emma built a powerful voice, elevating brand awareness and engagement across all digital channels. She also supported the launch of their podcast, adding producer to her many titles. Emma is an adept editor and copywriter with a flair for creativity and collaboration.
As an advocate for the environment, Emma strives to reduce her carbon footprint with every decision she makes. She even crafts her own deodorant and buys all of her clothes and furniture second hand. Emma also does everything in her power to stand up for and support LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities. She believes social shifts begin with real conversations. Sharing resources to your IG story is one thing, but we must become truly vocal in the world to see change. Emma donates or volunteers with many causes including Shades of Colour, RAVEN, the Bissell Centre, Indspire, Waste Free Edmonton, The Local Good, Change for Climate and BLM YEG.
Education & accreditations
- B.A., major in French/Spanish, minor in Sociology, University of Alberta
- Public Relations Diploma, MacEwan University
- Loves to travel all over the world and has worked & studied in France and Spain
- She tries to spend time outside every day with her partner and their mini Aussie puppy, Cooper
- Her friends are her family. They love cooking and watching movies and come together regularly for Book Club and Film Club
- She also likes streaming classic video games on Twitch and playing Dungeons & Dragons